Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: travertine pool coping

1. Back To Top    #1

travertine pool coping

Tumbled Travertine pool coping 6x12" being installed and almost completed, and just poured concrete up to coping, my question is should we grout the coping? Liked the look of ungrouted and are just butted up close together but afraid of water seepage behind pool walls, and soil below pool is mixture of dirt, clay and limerock. So would it be best to grout? if so what grout do you recommend? and have very thin lines in between each piece and a lot of them are cut and pieced around the pool especially spa wall because it's a thicker wall, so even more cut pieces there. Been searching on the net for answers but no luck really. Thanks
    I have a 15x35(including sun shelf in ground shock-crete? pool being built

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: travertine pool coping

Sorry there haven't been any responses to your post. What did you decide to do?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: travertine pool coping

We are getting ready to put our pool deck on and are also looking at doing travertine coping with concrete decking. I would love to know what you ended up doing about grout between. I would love to see pictures too!
    Thanks!
    New build, vinyl IG 18x40 3'4-9'