Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build In Ground Vinyl. Ontario Canada Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build In Ground Vinyl. Ontario Canada Pics

Thank you for the great website! I have learned so much in the short amount of time I have been here.

So this is our first pool build and are feeling a little overwhelmed. We interviewed and got design and pricing from 5 PB. We went with a smaller builder for a few reasons, one time frame and second he made us feel the most comfortable. If I am giving someone multiple thousands of dollars I need to feel comfortable. He was not the cheapest of the 5. That is one thing I was most surprised with was the range of pricing for pretty much the same pool. There was a 35% difference in pricing from lowest to highest.

We have decided on a 16 X 32 In ground Vinyl pool "Gemini" design approx 20K gallon. Our PB uses Hayward equipment:

Hayward Eco-Star VS pump
    Hayward 23" Sand filter
    250K BTU Heater
    Omni-Logic Automation
    Dolphin Neptune robot cleaner
    Hayward SWG
    Hayward Color Logic LED (2)
    Stamped concrete decking with cantilever coping

Our Design

Day One

The Girls enjoying the equipment sitting in the yard

Day two (6/1/15) forms up and steps in, cement poured around base

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build In Ground Vinyl. Ontario Canada Pics

Not a lot of progress today, the mini excavator is stuck with a blown hydraulic hose. The gravel was delivered and spread around. Tomorrow is plumbing day and light installation.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP! I'm so glad you're sharing your build with all of us! I'm having a gunite pool built, and it amazes me how quickly the vinyl and fiberglass pools can go up. Well, at least compared to our pool. To be fair, though, we've had an enormous amount of rain this spring in Texas.

I like the shape of your pool, and the layout of everything on your plan looks super - really great use of the backyard space.

The girls certainly look excited! They are darling and quite the camera hams. I think they're ready for modeling school! The taller one looks like she's growing so fast, her legs can hardly keep up. I bet they are busy collecting all their swim things - all the foo-foo girls love! Such fun!

If you ever have questions, this is the greatest place with the greatest experts and newbies, too. Keep us updated and love your pictures! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the reply Suz. I have been following your pool with interest for awhile now. I cannot believe the rain you have been getting in your area....crazy. I am jealous of your gunite pools, so many design options.

I do have a question. I always see the experts here suggesting a larger filter. For my size pool is a 23" sand filter sufficient for my size pool?

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi
    Love your pool shape. I didn't realize you could do that with vinyl??!! Did shape affect price a lot? We just put up our 15x30 agp. It's our "temporary pool" while we save for a vinyl in ground over the next couple years. I'm going to follow your build for practice
    15'x30' oval AGP. 12000 gal. 1 HP pentair pump. 19 inch sand filter.
    Auto vacuum thing that works through skimmer. Solar cover.
    OLD 400ish gallon Cal Spa hot tub with two new pumps (ouch)

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi reeves! There is lots of options in vinyl. Pricing is not affected by shape much. You can see some example of shapes available http://highburypools.com/igshapes.php
    2105 Build 16 X 32 IG Vinyl Pool. ~20K Gallon, Stamped Concrete decking, Hayward Eco-Star VS pump, 250K BTU heater, Omni Logic Automation, Sand Filter, Bullfrog R7 Hot tub

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I wish I could help you with the sand filter question. I would be hesitant to make a suggestion, since I'm new to all of this. But I have a cartridge type filter, so I know even less about the sand filters. And you're right, 'larger is better' seems to be the standard. Hopefully, someone will give you the answer you need. If not, you can always start a new thread with key words to get the proper attention to your question. Such as, "Sand filter, what size for a vinyl pool?" or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotMilker View Post
    Thanks for the reply Suz. I have been following your pool with interest for awhile now. I cannot believe the rain you have been getting in your area....crazy. I am jealous of your gunite pools, so many design options.

I do have a question. I always see the experts here suggesting a larger filter. For my size pool is a 23" sand filter sufficient for my size pool?
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

So the pool is coming along a little slowly. But PB is at the point that on Monday first and second layer of concrete will be poured in pool, rough coat and smooth coat. Landscapers come on Tuesday to start laying rocks and forming gardens. Equipment pad will be poured on Monday as well.

40 000+ LBS of rock waiting in front yard

2105 Build 16 X 32 IG Vinyl Pool. ~20K Gallon, Stamped Concrete decking, Hayward Eco-Star VS pump, 250K BTU heater, Omni Logic Automation, Sand Filter, Bullfrog R7 Hot tub

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking Good, really nice looking rocks!!!
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

10. Back To Top    #10

Any update on this build?

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Yes, we've missed you, Robot? I'm hoping you guys have been too busy swimming to post!

Let us know how things are going! Take care.
    Suz.

12. Back To Top    #12

Sorry for the lack of post. I have been super busy with work....got to for this pool somehow. The pool is almost done. Just waiting on the liner. It has been two plus weeks, two long weeks. The kicker it has been pretty hot here and a dip in the pool would have been really nice. The liner is actually in and ready to be installed tomorrow.....problem is we leave for the cottage for ten days tomorrow. So the PB is going to install next week Thursday while we are away and have it all ready for us when we get home on Sunday. The hot tub is being delivered on the Monday after we get back as well. So if everything goes to plan (not holding my breath) we should be all done and complete by July 28th. Landscaping is complete as well and irrigation system is up and running.

So we are nearing completion and finally enjoying the water. Some up to date pics:

The equipment and Omni Logic that I am excited to play with

13. Back To Top    #13

Very nice! Love the hostas. I can grow them here if I'm careful.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

14. Back To Top    #14

Night time Pic:

15. Back To Top    #15

Man that looks great! Cant wait to see it with water in it!

- - - Updated - - -

I tried some this year.... didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Very nice! Love the hostas. I can grow them here if I'm careful.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

This is some HGTV-level full package deal. Very impressive!
    Circa 1981 30' x 15' 20k plaster, 1-1/4 HP AquaPro APEXV1 pump, Jacuzzi MFM 20 Sand filter, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, one main drain (piped to skimmer) 1.5" piping.
    TF-100 with SpeedStir.

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Positively beautiful! Oh my goodness, I love it!

But I will say - totally unfair! You have everything ready BEFORE the water in the pool. Someone isn't playing by the rules.... I haven't seen enough suffering over months of an obliterated yard, and seeing your beautiful pool still surrounded by non-existent landscaping! I cry Foul!

This will be one vacation where you guys will be unusually excited to get back home!

Don't forget our pictures when you get back. You can unpack AFTER posting pictures!

Have a great time!
    Suz.