New Pool Build - Central Oklahoma

Your deck is looking great. The family hand prints are wonderful and the most important!

But that TILE! Oh, THAT tile!!! It glistens in the sun - and at a distance! I knew it was pretty, but I didn't know it was going to be that stunning!! At a distance, it also looks like diamonds sparkling or like thousands of twinkly stars!

Are ya'll still going with the Rock Salted finish? Your pool is going to be amazing!
Suz.

Your deck is looking great. The family hand prints are wonderful and the most important!

But that TILE! Oh, THAT tile!!! It glistens in the sun - and at a distance! I knew it was pretty, but I didn't know it was going to be that stunning!! At a distance, it also looks like diamonds sparkling or like thousands of twinkly stars!

Are ya'll still going with the Rock Salted finish? Your pool is going to be amazing!
Suz.

Yes we are Suz. You can see where they had just started throwing the salt out in the very last photo. The concrete is colored and the color we went with is Taupe. I hope it is not too hot.

Suz.

Thanks Suz. We LOVE the tile as well and can't wait to see it up against the plaster. I can't tell you how many times I have looked out at the pool and hollered for my wife to come look at the tile because it looks more _____ right now. Depending on where the sun is in the sky and the amount of cloud cover it really changes the base color of the tile. Sometimes it looks more silver, other times more blue and violet. Sometimes the yellow tiles really jump out at you and other times the black. We call it our cameleon tile. :whoot:

Awesome!!! Hopefully the plaster crew will do an outstanding job and ease your mind a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I would still be pi##ed about the decking.

- - - Updated - - -

That is gonna be some BLUE water!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Started filling last night so here are some pics. They still have to caulk between the concrete and coping, do the flag stone on the back side of the pool, build the 4' rock diving waterfall, install the big light, and set up the electrical but hey... it really looks like a pool now. We had three hoses working overtime last night and I am guessing it will be completely full around 5:00 pm. Please forgive the disaster that is my backyard. All in time...

Sooner, your pool is absolutely gorgeous!!! Stunning - and it's not even filled yet! The water color is to die for!!!

Don't look over your shoulder, but I'm right behind you!!!! You're about 3-4 days ahead of me!

Ok, we've got the pictures of the kids in the pool. Now we need to see them swimming in the pool!

So much fun!
Suz.

Here is a quick pic of the color of the water with the Blue Frost plaster. I am trying to wait to post more pics until after the pool is finally finished which is supposed to be sometime next week (although it was originally supposed to be sometime this week). Still have the caulking between the coping and the decking, flagstone on the backside, and waterfall to build. So far we really like the color and the pool has been getting plenty of use. The decking should be more of a taupe color so I am going to have to seal it to get the color that we were going for.

Well, you can update your sig line now.
That is one very inviting pool.
The tile accents on the sun shelf look great. (I shoulda done that)
Have you fired up the lights at night?

Thanks Os. The electrician is coming out in the next couple of days to finish hooking up the lights so we have not had them on just yet. Can't wait for everything to finally get finished...

Electrician hooked up the lights last night. We just sat out there and played with the colors for about 45 min and had a lot of fun looking at the pool. There is one large light in the deep end, 1 small light in the grotto which I can’t wait to see at night under the waterfall, 1 small light in the shallow end, and 1 small light on the tanning ledge. They are supposed to start the rock work tomorrow and finish by Friday so hopefully I will finally have some completed pool pictures to share. The pool has been getting daily use and we are all loving it! Landscaping is up next, then outdoor kitchen.

Blue

Green

White

The darker it got, the more vibrant the pool became. I should have taken more pictures later in the evening but I was too busy playing with the colors. I will try to post some later in the evening in the coming days.

Backside flagstone FINALLY going on. Then they will build the waterfall and we will be finished. It's nice being able to swim but I am ready to get this pool wrapped up so we can start on the landscaping. Patience is a virtue...and one that I am apparently short of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.