CYA 50ppm Standard Solution Questions

May 27, 2015
Centerville, MN
I have a very hard time with the CYA test. The only way I have any confidence in my test is if I mix a reference solution using the CYA 50ppm Standard Solution for comparison. I have a few questions:

1) Does CYA 50ppm Standard Solution sold by TFTTestkits.com expire? If yes, about how long should it last?

2) Can a Standard CYA Test Sample be mixed (CYA Standard + CYA Reagent) and kept for the season for quick reference/calibration?

Thanks, Jim.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

There is no expiration date but I would lose faith after a couple of years.

I doubt you can expect the mix to last but frankly, I do not know......never had a reason to do that.

The CYA test will get easier and easier for you. Remember about the closest you will get is plus or minus 10 ppm.....better as you get more used to the test.

Good, now that the authority has spoken...

I found that standard solution to be very handy. When I tried it, I discovered I was testing right. It's a good-sized bottle, so I had plenty to share and used it to teach someone else how to do the test. You just play around with where to stand in your yard, how far away to hold it, everything that affects the test until you see the dot disappear at 50. And that's exactly what you do when you test a real sample.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.