Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New old guy and new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New old guy and new pool owner

Aloha everyone. We just got the pool installed and and still waiting on the deck to be poured. The weather here in Texas has been anything but cooperative. It's going on 2 months for the install. We've had about 10" of rain so it's been delay after delay. So, the children are ready to start enjoying the pool and I can't wait to get my yard cleaned up of all the dirt piles. I thank you and look forward to learning a little more about pool ownership. Cary
    15,500 IG Fiberglass (Lonestar pools) Charleston 16.5"x37, Pentair DE flt fns Pls48, Ecopump EP-6 2.2HP VS, May 2015 install/build, SWG Turbo cell T-9, First choice 3/4 booster, Hayward Pro logic PL-P-4, Polaris 280,Jandy Pro series LED lighting.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New old guy and new pool owner

Welcome to TFP! I hear you on the uncooperative Texas weather this spring. Just now getting my pool water up to what it normally is in late-April.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Howdy!

While you're waiting, go dive in to the Pool School articles up in the link on the top right of this web site. Lots of things you need to know (plus others you don't but it is helpful to be familiar with the terms) and get your self your own recommended pool test kit now. Take the time to get some practice in so you'll be ready to go!

I recommend the TF-100 cause its the best value. The Speed Stir device makes testing simpler.

Holler back if you have any other questions
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey, can I use the same salt I use for my water softener in my pool. Diamond crystal solar naturals. if not,why? and if I already did will it hurt anything>?
    15,500 IG Fiberglass (Lonestar pools) Charleston 16.5"x37, Pentair DE flt fns Pls48, Ecopump EP-6 2.2HP VS, May 2015 install/build, SWG Turbo cell T-9, First choice 3/4 booster, Hayward Pro logic PL-P-4, Polaris 280,Jandy Pro series LED lighting.

5. Back To Top    #5

As long as it doesn't have any extra additives, that's fine to use.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100