Run booster pump without cleaner attached?

May 15, 2008
Katy, TX
Hello all-

I seem to be getting a grasp on the water testing thing and now have a question regarding equipment. The other day, while the cleaner was out of the pool, I turned the cleaner on by accident on the panel. The booster pump did not sound like it was running right. Very loud actually. Is it possible to damage the booster pump if it runs without the cleaner attached? It really sounded funny so I turned off the cleaner.

The PB set the panel so that when the "cleaner" button is pressed, the intelliflo kicks up to a higher rpm after the booster pump is kicked on. It is also set to happen automatically during the day.

Thanks in advance....

The first day, literally, THE first day we opened our new pool (2 years ago) I started 'r up and heard the worst noise...I could see dollar signs floating away...
I called our PB in a tissy, and let our account manager hear the noise and she said "turn the booster pump off."
:oops:
That kept me humble for awhile!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.