Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Owner Builder North Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Owner Builder North Texas

Attached are our initial plans. Dropped off at utility company today to get the dig test complete then off to city for permitting. Please chime in with thoughts and questions!

- Approximately 17K gallons
    - 4'-6'
    - Chlorine
    - 3 3' sheer descents on back raised wall
    - 3 bubblers on tanning ledge
    - plaster - unsure at this point
    - pentail equipment
    - Robot cleaner
    - 2 LED lights
    - 2 skimmers
    - decking - travertine

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a better way to attach this attachment please chime in
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Owner Builder North Texas

Welcome!

Take and share a pic of your yard where the pool will be going so we can picture it.

Do your plans talk about the size of the filter at all? Of course the bigger the better with that!

I love the last thing on your list! That is a must have!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I will go with a large filter. Still deciding on equipment.

4. Back To Top    #4

Cool design to maximize your space. We have 3 benches in our pool and 4 would be better. Good for kids to play/rest on and good for adults to sit and sip. Maybe one on each end and one in the middle zig. I am a big fan of my 3hp VS pump, it has done everything I've ever needed, waterfall, filter, skimmer, drain, solar. We like our rocksalt color hardener concrete deck. It is zero maintenance and great after 3 years. We like our pebble finish, but quartz seems like a good upgrade option between plaster and pebble. Lots of happy quartz and pebble owners here. Pics in build thread in sig.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Cool design to maximize your space. We have 3 benches in our pool and 4 would be better. Good for kids to play/rest on and good for adults to sit and sip. Maybe one on each end and one in the middle zig. I am a big fan of my 3hp VS pump, it has done everything I've ever needed, waterfall, filter, skimmer, drain, solar. We like our rocksalt color hardener concrete deck. It is zero maintenance and great after 3 years. We like our pebble finish, but quartz seems like a good upgrade option between plaster and pebble. Lots of happy quartz and pebble owners here. Pics in build thread in sig.

Good to hear about the 3hp vs pump. I am/was concerned that would be overkill. Which specific Pentair do you have?

6. Back To Top    #6

Pics of backyard

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP. Looks like I live 1.4 miles north of you (as the crow flies).

I saw a post on here yesterday where someone had 3 scuppers that had different heights above the pool surface and was getting low flow from the highest one, and had no valve to adjust the flow between the scuppers. Not sure if that's a consideration for you.
    27,500 gallon in ground gunite/plaster (1995). Attached Spa with fountain, spillway, and 2 lion heads streaming into the pool. Hayward pump and AO Smith UST1152 1.5 hp motor (single speed). Hayward 60 sq ft DE Filter (Model DE-6000). Kreepy Krauly cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

Is the orange paint pool or pool and deck? I like how it uses every inch of your back yard!

Please check on your "rules" on having the windows so close to the pool. Some places require special windows. Just a heads up in case that is your case.

I like it being right there. You can look out and watch your lab swim! LOL

Get lots of doggy towels!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by epro05 View Post
    Welcome to TFP. Looks like I live 1.4 miles north of you (as the crow flies).

I saw a post on here yesterday where someone had 3 scuppers that had different heights above the pool surface and was getting low flow from the highest one, and had no valve to adjust the flow between the scuppers. Not sure if that's a consideration for you.
    Small world! Thanks for the tip about scuppers - I will be sure to address with my designer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Is the orange paint pool or pool and deck? I like how it uses every inch of your back yard!

Please check on your "rules" on having the windows so close to the pool. Some places require special windows. Just a heads up in case that is your case.

I like it being right there. You can look out and watch your lab swim! LOL

Get lots of doggy towels!

Kim
    The orange is the pool - not deck. I too prefer to make the most of backyard rather than a free form with our lot. Thanks for the input!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by DFWguy View Post
    Good to hear about the 3hp vs pump. I am/was concerned that would be overkill. Which specific Pentair do you have?

It is definitely overkill. Pump goes up to 3450 rpm and I never run it above 2500, usually 1950 rpm or less. But, the smaller pump wasn't enough cheaper when I built my pool. They have the superflo now which might be enough cheaper and a good alternative.

Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001

Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump 011018 | Pentair 011018 | Sunplay.com[/QUOTE]
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

It has begun. I'm having to post all of this from my phone because we cut the att line today. The excavators did am amazing job. Steel and plumbing tomorrow

Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

edited
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

13. Back To Top    #13

"What have you done to my backyard???" Says the doggy! LOL

Time for the MUD then that fun!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Glad the excavator worked out for you guys.

Fort Worth, TX
    Inground gunite 32'x20' freeform salt pool Coping: Flagstone Finish: Undecided Decking: undecided Equipment: All Hayward. 3hp VS pump, largest cartrifge filter, 400k heater Cleaner: undecided robot for sure.
    Start Date: Whenever it stops raining!

15. Back To Top    #15

Me too. What a testimony for this community. Thanks again!

16. Back To Top    #16

These guys are busting it out. It's hot. I feel bad watching them

17. Back To Top    #17

Now is the time you measure everything. Is it as deep as you wanted? Are the shelfs wide, deep enough? Do you like the slope?

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

The steel crew just finished. Much bigger job than they anticipated. I used a LOT of steel. They said I used TOO MUCH steel. I will post more pics tomorrow.

19. Back To Top    #19

Is there really such a thing as too much steel?? NOPE! Too little yes! Too much NO! LOL

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

edited

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast