At present, I have the following:
1) House returns (4 of them) for a total run of about 65 feet
2) Yard returns (4 of them) for a total run of about 70 feet
3) Main drains (2 of them) on a single run for a length of about 50 feet
4) House skimmer for a total run of about 55 feet
5) Yard skimmer for a total run of about 65 feet
The plumbing is all 2 inches. I have a Hayward 2 HP super pump and a 350 lb. sand filter.
My wet vacuum does not have extensions and may not be powerful enough. The large air compressor I have may be too powerful, and I do not want to run the risk of damaging any equipment. I have read that 7-10 psi is sufficient to close out the lines with air.
Considering the pool companies charge around $260 to close the pool, I would like to attempt closing the pool myself. Air compressors direct could not even help me in choosing the right compressor.
Can someone please send me any information on what they purchased or are using, etc., and where I can purchase the air compressor. I am assuming that I can use a fitting directly at the pump.
I know that I can close the Multi-Port and blow out the main drains and skimmers first and then work on the returns. Also if someone could advise me on where I can purchase the round plugs for the pump housing that would be great.