Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Chlorinator?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Chlorinator?

I've found this ad on the local CL and it has reagents and what I think is a hayward chlorinator for $30. I'll start a post here and then post a picture of it from my phone when I get a chance.

If it is a chlorinator can you tell what kind it is? Is it worth it? would that work for the TFP method of doing things?

I'm pretty sure that the reagents are probably worthless since the ad stated that it was left over from a previous owner...
    21,200 gallon/ 30' vinyl round above ground pool/ 200# hayward sand filter/1.5 hp hayward pump (70gl/m) /
    /self installed pool about 3 years ago - Smithfield, VA- Pool filled with well water -TF100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Chlorinator?

I see they can go for over $100 new.

How do they work?

21,200 gallon/ 30' vinyl round above ground pool/ 200# hayward sand filter/1.5 hp hayward pump (70gl/m) /
    /self installed pool about 3 years ago - Smithfield, VA- Pool filled with well water -TF100 kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That is a chlorinator that uses trichlor tablets to add chlorine (and stabilizer and lower the pH). We generally do not recommend that as a sole source of chlorine.

See: How to Chlorinate Your Pool.

Maybe the CL person is a new TFP member that removed it from their system

I too would not trust the test kits no knowing their age or storage history.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well that answers that!

I appreciate the quick response

5. Back To Top    #5

They can be useful for vacations or if you need to add CYA ... you just have to be careful.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!