Pool Drainage

May 26, 2015
spring hill, FL
Since I'm new at this pool ownership thing, I have a pretty simple question. I looked up how to drain my pool water, should the need arise, but it seems I do not have a setup for draining. Correct me if I'm wrong? Am I correct to assume the only way for me to drain would be a sump pump?

Attachments

• IMG_20150601_161114928_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150601_161114928_HDR.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 58
That is correct.

You could add a 3-way valve after the filter (since there is no room before it) to use to switch to a "waste" option. Of course you would want to remove the cartridge anytime you were going to do it.

EDIT: Or replumb between the pump and filter and either use a 3-way instead of the 90 fitting or use a Tee fitting with a shut-off valve on the right that you could open. The 3-way would allow you to drain more quickly.

Oh they'll add one. But it's not free lol. Actually, on the back of my filter there is a drain cap and I can hook up a garden hose to that. Slower drain, but better than nothing, should the need arise. I'm still waiting for delivery of my TF-100 kit so I can start doing my own testing

Just take the lid off that puck feeder with the pump on. That'll empty things.

You could even keep it fairly clean. Measure the circumference of that thing. If it's less than 22". you could buy this and clamp or duct tape it around the body and unroll it out like a backwash hose.

Myself? I'd just saw through that short pipe between the pump and the filter, and recreate it with a T instead of a 90 and install a valve or garden hose faucet there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.