Correct way to get rid of attached spa

tkeeth

Jun 1, 2015
Houston, Tx
Hi, I have a strange issue that has only gotten me big "Remodel" quotes that I just don't believe are necessary. A little background- my pool has a small attached spa to which the heater quit years ago, I threw it out. No mater what I do this thing is a real pain, catching debris, etc. I wanted to remove it an enlarge the pool area, but that is expensive. I had an idea to plug the return holes, tie into the jets and bring the lines up, fill the spa with sand and top off with a layer of concrete, level the jet piping at the surface and make a small sunbathing area/wet deck. Does this sound feasible? My concern is that any water penetration to the "sand" area could maybe become a problem? I am in Southeast Texas so freezing won't be an issue. Should I do solid concrete? Maybe gravel and leave the return open (by the way I think it's leaking)? Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.