Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct way to get rid of attached spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Correct way to get rid of attached spa

Hi, I have a strange issue that has only gotten me big "Remodel" quotes that I just don't believe are necessary. A little background- my pool has a small attached spa to which the heater quit years ago, I threw it out. No mater what I do this thing is a real pain, catching debris, etc. I wanted to remove it an enlarge the pool area, but that is expensive. I had an idea to plug the return holes, tie into the jets and bring the lines up, fill the spa with sand and top off with a layer of concrete, level the jet piping at the surface and make a small sunbathing area/wet deck. Does this sound feasible? My concern is that any water penetration to the "sand" area could maybe become a problem? I am in Southeast Texas so freezing won't be an issue. Should I do solid concrete? Maybe gravel and leave the return open (by the way I think it's leaking)? Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Correct way to get rid of attached spa

Why sand? Back fill with dirty, compact it, then rebar it, then shoot it with crete. Then add your pool finish.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Correct way to get rid of attached spa

Thanks for the reply, i had thought sand would be easier to compact or tamp down, i live near a river, bank sand is cheap and easy to get.