How do I get the leaves out of the bottom?

New guy here! Just put the pool up last summer, then it went into storage. When I took the cover off this spring it was all full of leaves, what is the easiest way to get them all out? I added water so it is full. I have no idea how many gallons my pool is, but it is 15' x 24'. I also need to get the other chems in order, will need to add salt, etc. But first, need all the leaves out. :(

Thanks for the help, new here and did a search but couldn't find much - might just be me too!!! Thanks for your help!!

Not a good pict of the dirty water, but gives you an idea on the pool.

Attachments

• 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 83
Hello Catterman. Just a suggestion ... while you're tackling the leaves, and because you mentioned testing the chemicals ... do you have one of TFP's recommended test kits? One example (TF-100) is linked below in my signature. It's a MUST before you consider adding any chemicals. Please do NOT go to the pool store for testing. You simply won't get a straight answer there and only spend money on useless products. Ideally, order a good TFP-recommended test kit now so it's here in time for you to start "SLAMming" the pool as noted on the TFP home page. Also, take a moment to look at the links in my signature as they have really good info for new members. TFP also has a pool calculator to help you pinpoint your pool capacity. Let us know if you have nay questions. Lots of experts here to help. :)

A pool leaf rake is like a flattened butterfly net
Casey-LeafRake.jpg

Ouch. Pricey!

The manual leaf rake is a whole lot cheaper.

There's another leaf grabber that's also cheaper and apparently works well. Check this thread. Still only about twenty five bucks on eBay and Amazon.

The difference in price would almost pay for a TF100 test kit. If you buy one, spring for the XL option now. Free shipping that way and you'll need the extra reagents when clearing the green out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.