Brand new Haywood pump/filter loses suction/outflow every 2 hours or so....

Jun 1, 2015
Gorham
Hi there- I just got a used Intex Ultra Frame pool, 16' x 48". The pump that came with it, also Intex, was just not doing much of anything, so I decided to invest in a new sand filter/pump combo. [h=1]Hayward S144T1540S Pro Series Top-Mount Sand Filter 14-Inch 4-way Valve and 40 GPM Pump[/h]I got it up and running, and WOW, what a difference! But then.... after a couple of hours, we noticed it wasn't sucking or blowing (sorry, but that's what it seems like) with nearly as much pressure as before. So we unplugged it (sort of a reboot) and plugged it in again. Poof!! Working great again. And then it slowly started declining. We have brand new pipes, brand new sand, using Baquacil for chemicals. Just wondering if this is something that's to be expected, or if it isn't, is there something to do? There don't appear to be any leaks anywhere. Any help is appreciated!! I'm sure I'll have many more questions

What did you fill the pool with? How did you start up your sand filter? What are the pressure reading on the sand filter (clean pressure at start up versus what your seeing when it slows down)? I believe new sand requires a bit of backwashing to get it cleaned of any fine particles in it. Have you tried backwashing the filter a little to see if that helps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.