Dolphin DX4 performance help

May 8, 2015
Goessel, Kansas
Hi Everyone, need some opinions/suggestions.

First time pool owner
Vinyl lined pool 16x36

Decided to buy a robotic cleaner. Researched robotic pool cleaners until I was on information overload, then found an awesome price on a Dolphin DX4 at Leslie's for $599. For our pool size, it seemed to fit what we need and I couldn't beat the price.

I received the cleaner this weekend and spend Sat and Sunday trying to make it meet my expectations. Bottom line, I am unhappy with how it cleans. The cleaner appears to be doing its job (climbs walls, there's dirt in the filters when its done) but it does not want to get the dirt out of the seams along the edges of the pool.

In the deep end, my pool has about an 18 inch 45 degree before going up the wall. I've ran 4 cycles over the pool in past 2 days and even after the 4th cycle, there is still dirt in these seams (picture below). The dirt is not stuck on because I can reach down with a brush and easily move it the cleaner just doesn't pick it up. I wonder if the suction part of the cleaner raises up too high to pull in the dirt when it goes up the wall.

I've also noticed that the cleaner seems to stir up more dirt than it picks up. The deep end is a little cloudy when the cleaner finishes and then clears up after an 1hr or 2 and then even more dirt spots appears on the floor.

Being new to robot pool cleaners; I need some advice. Are my expectations too high? Was my pool dirtier than I thought and this problem will go away after running the cleaner numerous more times? Do I need a cleaner with better suction? Different brushes?

I'd appreciate a pool cleaner veteran who could give me some advice! :) Thanks; John S.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 47
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.