High limit Code Error

squib

Apr 2, 2015
TX
I have a Weslo Daybreak spa. I am getting an error code that is either S1 or E1 (display is difficult to read). From what I can tell, it is a high limit fault.

Here is the deal. Everytime it faults, the spa shuts down and I have to flip the breaker off and on to get it running again. Sometimes it will run for 8 hours; sometimes for 15 minutes. Either way, it is faulting roughly 5 to 12 times a day. So I guess I am gonna have to get in there and fix it. Any ideas where to start?

Hi Squib. Without real knowledge of your spa type, consider this. High limits in spas rarely go bad. They are doing their job, detecting water over a set temp. That usually is a flow problem. I suggest you check for a plugged filter, a plugged pump impellor, a closed valve, a suction obstruction, etc. A calcified heating element is a possibility. The high limit could be defective, but more often than not, its doing its job detecting the symptom but not the cause.

Hi Squib. Without real knowledge of your spa type, consider this. High limits in spas rarely go bad. They are doing their job, detecting water over a set temp. That usually is a flow problem. I suggest you check for a plugged filter, a plugged pump impellor, a closed valve, a suction obstruction, etc. A calcified heating element is a possibility. The high limit could be defective, but more often than not, its doing its job detecting the symptom but not the cause.

Thanks. I'll start digging into it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.