Will This Timer Work on an SWG System?

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
Intermatic T104 208-277-Volt DPST 24 Hour Mechanical Time Switch - Intermatic Timer - Amazon.com

My water solar takes over control of the pump motor when the temperature is such that it adds heat to the pool - (Lx220 SOLAR CONTROL SYSTEM). My issue is that whenever the pump is running, my SWG is running and I can't control my chlorine output very well. Cool days it runs longer and over chlorinates, hot days it runs less.

My system - pump and pump timer, solar, and SWG are all hooked up on the 240VAC legs. I'd like to add this timer to control the SWG independently. Is this the right approach with the right equipment?

I hope to make this a project in July if it's doable.

System photos attached:

Sorry, this post blew by me. Yes, that will work fine as long as you have your pump running when the timer will turn on SWG.

My SWG is on its own timer, it usually runs 6-9 hours and I make sure my pump is on low for 10-12 hours. Solar kicks the speed up from there, so I do all this during the day.

Thank you for that. I've only got to decide on a freeze control, but I'm borderline where I live so for the rare once a year "maybe", I'll just do it manually.

I won't be buying for awhile, anyway. Too many other things in the way right now..

Never a dull moment.

No need for freeze control for the SWG timer. Once the water is below 65 or 60 degrees the SWG doesn't make chlorine anymore anyway. Just turn it off and add bleach. I dose with bleach to keep it between 10 and 20 during winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.