Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: keeping extra chlorine around...

1. Back To Top    #1

keeping extra chlorine around...

pool has been doing great since completing a SLAM about a month ago. been utilizing the SWCG and its been keeping my FC up and pretty stable. I had some empty 2.5g chlorine jugs and went to return them to the pool store last week to get my deposits back. decided to get one re-filled and keep around...just in case.

well yesterday I was swimming with my 2 year old daughter when she made a face, pointed in the water and said "poop". learned right then and there that a swim diaper doesn't keep everything contained, as was evidenced by the growing brown cloud in the water

got her out and cleaned up and threw in some chlorine to get the levels up to near SLAM just to be safe.

anyway...lesson learned. Always have some spare chlorine around, even with the SWCG
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: keeping extra chlorine around...

Yep. It's always a good idea to have some extra around for just that reason. If it gets old, use it in the washing machine.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: keeping extra chlorine around...

Ahhhh, the joys of parenthood. I have grandchildren now, so it starts all over again for me. Cute that she let you know though.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!