Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cracks in luna quartz pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cracks in luna quartz pool?

I just noticed a very long crack in my pool. My pool in gunite with luna quartz. It is about 2-3 ft long. Is this normal? My pool is about 2.5 yrs old. Thanks I posted 2 pics... hopefully is shows well as it won't allow me to post anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Cracks in luna quartz pool?

Oh my gosh Andrea! I cannot help you at all. Have you called the pool builder?
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

No!!! Not yet. I wanted to check with you all first to see if this is normal. I guess not so I will email asap! Thank you!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Definitely not normal. I would guess that the ground under the pool settled causing the crack. Similar to when a new home or additions to a home settles.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Curious to know what happend here
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I would call, not email! That way they understand it's more than a hairline crack.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh no! Hope you get it resolved. Please keep us posted
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

8. Back To Top    #8

Are you losing water?

I would call or email the PB and have them come out and look at it. Did your pool come with a written warranty? Get out and read your pool contract an warranty.

If the PB is unresponsive or blows you off them emails and certified letters become means of communication. You may also want to have a notebook where you log what is happening.

A picture of your overall pool and telling us where the crack is in the pool would be helpful
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall