Sand Filters.

May 26, 2015
Nicosia Cyprus
Hello from a very sunny Cyprus. Looking through the forum, i think my problems are quite minimal really, at least we don't have worms and gunge in the pool. Have to say glad i found the forum though. brilliant.

Well the pool is looking better now, but still to much BR-CL. Have not added any thing to the pool. Will just leave it until the CL clears a bit. So now i want to clean the filter as it is full of Oleander leaves, as there is a massive hedge of it near the pool and had some very strong winds over the last couple of days. I know you have to turn every thing off. And release the pressure in the filter tank. So this is our Sand Filter Unit. Do you reckon the black thingy on the bottom of the pic is the pressure release valve. I cant find any other valve of any kind. Looked on the net but cant find any info of this make of sand filter. It's called Water Fun Series S Sand Filter. It's made from Fiber Glass. My God there is a lot to learn about keeping pools eh.

Many Thanks again. Bill.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P 1.jpg
    P 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 88
With the pump off, there's no pressure to release. Just make sure the timer won't turn the thing on while you're working and have at it. Have you seen the Tutorial?

That's an air bleed, most likely, if it's at the very top of the tank. You just crack it with the pump running to allow trapped air to escape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.