Ok, a little backstory first...new house came with pool and last year I had help from the previous owner teaching me about pool and went route of pool store for chemicals, water testing,etcetera (because I didn't know any better). It took an extremely long time last year to get pool clear and ready.
This year...I am going it alone after discovering BBB method. I bought my Taylor K-2006 test kit. First night I shocked with 4 lbs cal-hypo and 2 gallons bleach (8.25%) the next morning was clearer so I tested and here were my levels:
So I went to Pool Calculator and generated what I needed to add, more shock and bleach, stabilizer, Borax, BS and also put some Yellow Out in and that night pool much clearer and dead algae on bottom. So this morning I tested and here are my levels:
So why is my CC going up? What can I do? In all, I have added 9 lbs of shock and 4 gallons of bleach...can you over shock a pool?
I also have an in-line Hayward chlorinator but there is nothing in it and it is turned off, trying not to use it this year as I have read lots of negative posts about them.
Any help would be appreciated...I am a newbie!