Finally got my water clear to find...OH No! My liner is bunched up in the shallow end

O2flow

May 8, 2015
Bowie/Maryland
I don't want to drain all my water that I have gotten so perfectly clear and have the pool guys come and smooth it out. If there any other way to achieve a seemless bottom.

Additionally, what is the normal life of a vinyl liner? i think I may just have to get a new one to assure that the sand underneath is not shifting as well. We have had a lot of snow and heavy rains this year. It may be a larger problem.

Just thought I would asdk the Pool Gods for their opinions. :sad:

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I have seen pockets or shifting of a liner from water building up around the bowl. Be cautious that there isn't a larger problem at play here.

You can always try with a toilet plunger to move or stretch the liner bubbles a little.

How old is your liner? You should be able to get 15 years out of them. If your not leaking just do your best to remove the wrinkles.

Just following up from last year...yes the saga continues. I was so frustrated last year after digging up my pool deck' concrete to find a leak and all that came with getting it back together-I closed it. I've been diligently working on it since May 5th and today is June 11th. Got another pool leak test and yes @carpenter333 you were correct, there is a larger problem at play. I have several pin holes in my liner and the one area that was fine under the concrete deck has now sprung a leak! Ugh!!!!! Oh well, fir the exit month or so I'll just deal with it to get some use this season but then it's getting concrete massacred AGAIN! Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.