Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally got my water clear to find...OH No! My liner is bunched up in the shallow end

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally got my water clear to find...OH No! My liner is bunched up in the shallow end

I don't want to drain all my water that I have gotten so perfectly clear and have the pool guys come and smooth it out. If there any other way to achieve a seemless bottom.

Additionally, what is the normal life of a vinyl liner? i think I may just have to get a new one to assure that the sand underneath is not shifting as well. We have had a lot of snow and heavy rains this year. It may be a larger problem.

Just thought I would asdk the Pool Gods for their opinions.
    Monica Daniels, Bowie, MD Vinyl Liner-In Ground Pool
    16x32x8 20,000 Gallons Chlorine/Sand Filter-Haywood Super Pump 1HP
    "I have a large hole in my backyard that is sucking the money out of my wallet
    from May through September-HELP!!!" TF-100 TESTER

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Finally got my water clear to find...OH No! My liner is bunched up in the shallow

If you could show us, it would be better for us to form an opinion
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Finally got my water clear to find...OH No! My liner is bunched up in the shallow

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I have seen pockets or shifting of a liner from water building up around the bowl. Be cautious that there isn't a larger problem at play here.

You can always try with a toilet plunger to move or stretch the liner bubbles a little.

How old is your liner? You should be able to get 15 years out of them. If your not leaking just do your best to remove the wrinkles.
    18' x 36' vinyl steel wall pool with deep end, 2 lights and 6' steps, main drain, SWG, Cartridge Filter, 320,000 BTU Rheem heater, 3/4HP 1 stage pump - Ontario, Canada

4. Back To Top    #4

Just following up from last year...yes the saga continues. I was so frustrated last year after digging up my pool deck' concrete to find a leak and all that came with getting it back together-I closed it. I've been diligently working on it since May 5th and today is June 11th. Got another pool leak test and yes @carpenter333 you were correct, there is a larger problem at play. I have several pin holes in my liner and the one area that was fine under the concrete deck has now sprung a leak! Ugh!!!!! Oh well, fir the exit month or so I'll just deal with it to get some use this season but then it's getting concrete massacred AGAIN! Thanks everyone.

Monica Daniels, Bowie, MD Vinyl Liner-In Ground Pool
    16x32x8 20,000 Gallons Chlorine/Sand Filter-Haywood Super Pump 1HP
    "I have a large hole in my backyard that is sucking the money out of my wallet
    from May through September-HELP!!!" TF-100 TESTER