Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Second season with pool, new to the forum

1. Back To Top    #1

Second season with pool, new to the forum

My wife and I had our pool installed a year ago this month. Things generally went well, but there have been a few growing pains. There was the not so reliable installer. The salesman that included a package of pristine blue products that they happen to carry. The conversion to chlorine after realizing that is the best way to go. The purchase of hundreds of dollars of chemicals from my another local pool store after taking them a water sample to achieve that conversion. i recently discovered your forum, and hope to make this season an enjoyable one. I've been to pool school, but have much to learn, and I think this forum will be a great help.

Carl
    19k 27'X52" AG vinyl. Hydromatic 120 sq ft cartridge filter. 1.5 HP Maxi Pump. Hayward cl200 chlorine feeder.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Second season with pool, new to the forum

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.

There is a wealth of pool info in here.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome Carl. I was the same like you last year. Lots of $$ down the drain and poor advice from people we thought "should" know better. Well, now that you're with TFP, I have no doubt you will have an emjoyable swimming season. If you haven't already done so, make sure you check-out the vital links in my signature below. They help tremendously.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey Carl,

Welcome to TFP! Everything to DIY this is here. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for the warm welcome. There certainly is a wealth of information here, and I'm sure it will all be a great help.
    19k 27'X52" AG vinyl. Hydromatic 120 sq ft cartridge filter. 1.5 HP Maxi Pump. Hayward cl200 chlorine feeder.