pestilotsi

Jul 1, 2014
New Windsor, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello to all, it's been a couple of years since I've needed help from the forum here, The last time I managed to get thru my problems quickly with the help of the Pool School and members here and I've recommended both to everyone that complimented me on my "Pool Skills" lol
This time I have a different pool and a whole set of different problems, Last time I was basically lucky, this time the novice in me is rearing it's proverbial head, and I'll be lucky if anyone ends up swimming this time...

Moved onto a property that has a pool, hasn't been used in approx 3, maybe 4 years. the pool was never shut down properly, and all the equipment
has been exposed to the elements, snow, rain and heat. I tried to tell my roommate that she should plan on buying new or good used equipment but she can't afford it, she has 4 kids and works very hard to keep things going. A friend of hers just up and bought her brand new liner for it thinking that was all she needed...On that note I'll start with problem number 1: The Pump Motor
I disconnected it and cleaned it up best I could, had to dig then end cover out of the dirt, the switch was broken so I removed it, I don't know if it works or not, i can't even read the label on it to get the brand or model number. I want to at least fix the wiring and see if its even serviceable. I'm hoping that by posting these pics someone might be able to help me accomplish at least that.
20150531_162519[1].jpg20150531_154545[1].jpg

Can I bypass the switch and if so, how do I wire it, and was I correct as to where the second red wire went since it had come loose. and can anyone identify this pump motor?
Thank you

Attachments

• 20150531_183514[2].jpg
    20150531_183514[2].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
The switch is for your starting capacitor - no you can't bypass it the pump would need to be turned by hand everytime to get it going.
My guess is if the housing was under dirt and ruined the switch the bearings are probably shot as well. Trying to open the motor casing on these and you'll likely snap the long screws.

The part number is above the bar code don't worry about serial number.
Post that number and we should be able to find you a replacement AO Smith motor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.