New to trouble free pool - gpm question

QQQ

Mar 9, 2015
Missoula/MT
So far so good! My wife and I have been rehabbing an old patio pool that came with house. We have been updating a bit each year. 4 th summer This year we put in a 115 volt vs pump. I wanted a timer and it just made sense to put in a vs. next year I will probably put a flow guage in. My swg will not run at less than 20 gpm. I get this flow at about 1750 rpm. Is there a way to figure out what rpm would be for 40 gpm? I would not think that it is linear...... But maybe. If that was the case 40 gpm would be 3500 rpm. Thoughts? Pictures soon.

First, which VS pump did you get?

Next, how is the SWG plumbed? Some have a bypass.

So is 1750 RPM where the SWG just started to generate CL?

What is the filter pressure at full speed?

1750 seems very high for 20 GPM.

Thanks for response! Pentair superflo vs. swg does not have a bypass and is after the sand filter. Swg just starts at about 1750. Psi at 1750 is about 8 and at 2500 about 15. I have not check at highest speed. I agree 1750 seems high for 20 gpm

Head loss seems very high based upon the pressure and RPM. What was your old pump model and filter pressure?

Sounds like your plumbing just has really high head loss. What size is your sand filter and the pipe? How long are the runs to the pool? It could be your old heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.