Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: K-2005 Kit Upgrade?

1. Back To Top    #1

K-2005 Kit Upgrade?

I'm new to the TFP method and very happy I switched! I found this because my chlorine shocks weren't working which led to me discovering CYA levels which I didn't even know to test before. I believe I have the K-2005 kit (it came from Leslies but is Taylor) and it appears to have everything except the CYA test reagents and glass with the dot. Is this correct? I haven't found anywhere to buy just a CYA tester but thought if that is the only difference at least I can get use out of the K-2005 reagents and not waste so much of it.

Assuming I'm correct and will have to buy another entire kit, it appears that the TF-100 is the best buy with more chemicals than the K-2006 and the recommended Leslie's kit has a pretty hefty profit added on to it for the same thing. Am I missing anything or is the TF-100 the way to go?

Thanks!
    15,000 gal IG Pebble Tech pool
    Variable Speed Haywood Pump
    Cartridge Filters

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: K-2005 Kit Upgrade?

Sounds like you just need to order the FAS/DPD portion to augment your current set. See this link HERE.

Feel free to see all the options and kits at my TF-100 link below. PS - I love my TF-100. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a link to the CYA test and the TAS-DPD Chlorine test

TFTestkits.net

TFTestkits.net

I don't think the taylor 2005 has either one of these.

Good job taking over the care of your pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You probably have k-1000 kit as k-2005 kit does include CYA reagents and test tube with a dot (doubled as OTO chlorine test tube).
    I've upgraded from k-2005 to k-2006 as I'd rather have smaller sizes and restock as needed on fresh chemicals, then have some sitting around for too long, since some tests you only do once a week or so.
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump