Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refurb pool with old cap tile

1. Back To Top    #1

Refurb pool with old cap tile

I'm getting ready to have pool refinished and I have a question regarding the cap tile, one of the estimates has replacing the existing cap tile. I have remodeled the pool deck a few years ago and we put travertine pavers over a concrete slab and we didn't use remodel overhanging coping, we use standard bullnose.

So the existing 2x6 bullnose which is u shaped is removed there will be 3 inch or so concrete slab lip under the 2x6 cap tile that would stick out. Seems like that would be a pretty big gap, any suggestions.

I attached existing pic.

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Refurb pool with old cap tile

Hello roth79! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about pool cap tile. Not sure if you have resolved your issue by now, but this reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!