Refurb pool with old cap tile

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I'm getting ready to have pool refinished and I have a question regarding the cap tile, one of the estimates has replacing the existing cap tile. I have remodeled the pool deck a few years ago and we put travertine pavers over a concrete slab and we didn't use remodel overhanging coping, we use standard bullnose.

So the existing 2x6 bullnose which is u shaped is removed there will be 3 inch or so concrete slab lip under the 2x6 cap tile that would stick out. Seems like that would be a pretty big gap, any suggestions.

I attached existing pic.

Thanks,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 64
Hello roth79! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about pool cap tile. Not sure if you have resolved your issue by now, but this reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.