SWG BOOST Mode

TroyB

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 1, 2008
Houston, TX
My pool has a BOOST mode on the SWG that produces 100% chlorine generation for 24 hrs.

In a couple of weeks, I have having a pool party with a heavy swimming load. How should I program my BOOST?

1. 24 hrs. prior to my party?

2. 12 hrs. prior to my party, so that the middle of my BOOST mode is during the party?

3. After my party?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, this is probably not the answer you're looking for but I wouldn't use it.

Make sure your FC is correct or just a little high prior to the party and have fun.

Then, after the party, test and calculate enough liquid chlorine or bleach to bring it back up to your pre-party normal level.

1. Depends on HOW much CL it makes in 24 hrs.
2. Would you party like to swim in high CL water?
Think of a SWG as a bleach jug with a small hole, you can get all of the bleach in the world, but it has to come out of that hole, which limits the rate you can add it in. This is why most people don't SHOCK with a SWG, it takes too long(plus it wears out your cell faster.) Long term maintenance of stable Cl is what they excel at. Have your party, then shock with bleach if your testing shows CC and low CL, otherwise I'd leave it alone. If you really want to use the BOOST, I would start it when people get in, some SWG do say that people should NOT be in the water when it is running, but that is mainly for the makers CYA, and I don't mean stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.