Iowa above ground pool

May 31, 2015
Homestead, Iowa
So glad I found this site. I am in the beginning phase of pool ownership. My earthmover is coming this week to grate the ground, pour sand, level and pack it so I can set up my pool. I have watched numerous youtube videos and the videos that came with my pool regarding set up. Any input is appreciated!

Hi, welcome to TFP! If this is your first time caring for a pool please read ABCs of pool water chemistry . It will help you understand how to care for your pool water. I would also like to suggest an investment in a high quality FAS/DPD test kit, such as a Taylor K2006 or TF 100 so you will not have to be dependent on pool store testing services. Pool stores provide testing services because they boost sales based on the results. The problem is those results are often inconsistent or in error. When you conduct your own water tests you know the same person is performing the same test using the same method time after time. This will yield consistent, reliable results.

We also have a wonderful tool on our site called PoolMath . You can plug in your test results and your target levels and it will tell you how much chemical you need to reach your desired result.

Best of luck with your new pool and feel free to ask questions and post pictures. We love pictures!