Never had this much trouble trying to get the water to clear after opening

I'd like to pull this thread back on track at this point. IF the OP wishes to swap, then we'll assist them. At this point however it appears they have no interest in doing so.

three4rd, I will gladdy assist you in any way in cleaning your pool using Baquacil. As stated above, I've used the product in the past, however never could get a very good end result. I'm open for any questions you may have and hope to assist you the best I can.

I've tried everything. The oxidizer and sanitizer levels are both really good. I backwashed and cleaned the filter. As I mentioned, there was lots of green stuff in there, but now that it's cleaned out and new DE the problem remains. There is SLIGHT improvement...more of a bluish/green, but it's still way off color and yet totally clear. Any further suggestions? Could raising the CH a bit help? I seem to recall reading something about CH levels as being possibly associated with water clarity. I really don't know what else to do at this point. Pressure is unchanged since I backwashed so it just seems like the filter has done its job and at this point the water should be clear. Totally frustrated.

Thanks. You can't imagine how much I appreciate your willingness to try and help! I sure need it.

An idea just occurred to me....might it be worth a try to add stain / metal treatment? There shouldn't be copper in the water...but who knows? That would account for the color.

By the sounds of things your Oxidizer levels are not high enough. Keep adding and testing the Oxidizer levels as you should see some improvement each time. Do you have any reason to believe there are metals in the water such as filling from a well, or using a copper based algaecide?

I'll check oxidizer again but it should be fine. No reason to think metals are in there but I figured it's worth a shot, so I added some. Color does seem to be improving even more but very slowly. Betcha it'll be nice and blue by the time the pool is ready to close in October...lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.