Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: repair/replace perished pipe connecting solar manifold

1. Back To Top    #1

repair/replace perished pipe connecting solar manifold

I have a Solarmatt black hose pipe solar heating system which uses clear flexible 1.5" pipe and jubilee clips to connect the manifolds and to the pool plumbing. The company seems to no longer be trading.

The system is now about 4 years old, and the 1.5" flexible pipes have started to leak even if I tighten up the jubilee clips very tight.

I could just glue normal 1.5" socket unions to the stubs, but I'd rather have a flexible coupling.

Any ideas on how to re-seal the pipes? I am not sure what they're made from, I can possibly get 1.5" PVC which I could use to replace them.
    12ft x 24ft x 4ft inground vinyl, 32,000 litres, 3 phase 1.25hp Waterco pump on DIY VFD for cheap variable speed. 18kW Heat pump, Lacron sand filter, Solarmatt, 10kW Solar PV

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: repair/replace perished pipe connecting solar manifold

you will not likely find any glue that will stick to the solar mats.

In the US there are a lot of brands that just use automobile radiator hose to connect the panels together ... that may work for yours too.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: repair/replace perished pipe connecting solar manifold

Rubber radiator hose-perfect. I've ordered some. Thank you!
    12ft x 24ft x 4ft inground vinyl, 32,000 litres, 3 phase 1.25hp Waterco pump on DIY VFD for cheap variable speed. 18kW Heat pump, Lacron sand filter, Solarmatt, 10kW Solar PV