Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New in Oxford, Ohio

1. Back To Top    #1

New in Oxford, Ohio

Hello all. New forum member and pool owner in Oxford Ohio. I just and a 33x18 above ground installed for my wife and daughter. It's filling up as we speak. Every pool search I do refers to this forum so I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here.

18K gal, 18x33x54" AG, 1.5 HP Waterway Ecco, 200 sqft cartridge filter, Mizermax Pac Chlorinator, Kontiki2 Automatic cleaner
    Installed 5/30/15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New in Oxford, Ohio

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Here is a good place to start learning!
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh what fun you are going to have with that pool! It is big enough to get a good workout in and just to laze around in!

Have you ordered your good test kit yet? Oh I know the pool store will test your water for free BUT is it really free if you have to buy all kinds of stuff to "fix" your water? nope

Here at TFP we teach how to take control of your pool to keep it clean, clear, and safe for your daughter using a good test kit and chlorine. Look at my siggy below to find the test kits.

I can't wait to see pics of your pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am on a mission to make this thing last a long time. My daughter is 9 months and she loves playing in the water. I'll see if I can attach a photo. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433099196.335807.jpg

18K gal, 18x33x54" AG, 1.5 HP Waterway Ecco, 200 sqft cartridge filter, Mizermax Pac Chlorinator, Kontiki2 Automatic cleaner
    Installed 5/30/15

6. Back To Top    #6

In regards to the test kit, I am pretty sure the store only sent test strips. I have seen the chemical tests at the pool store. None of them are what you have listed in your Sig. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Taylor kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you!

The hose slipped out during fill in last night so it's not full yet. I did not let it run all day in fear of over flowing. Turned it back on about 5:30. Hoping for a full level before bed so I can bleed the pump and filter and get that dude rolling.

June 1 in south west Ohio brought us a high of 60 and rain. Good week to open the pool. Hahaha Last week it was in the 80s while they were installing it.

Installed 5/30/15

9. Back To Top    #9

Here's another view during the install.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433199897.431164.jpg

Installed 5/30/15