May 6, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hopefully this all make sense...
Simply put, I'm 100% certain I have a leak (pool drains to a line right underneath the skimmer) and I'm fairly certain it's coming from the line the skimmer shares with the main drain. If I had to guess, there's a crack/damage right underneath the skimmer because the water level in that line drains about an inch below the line to the pump and remains at that level. My question is, can I just plug that shared line in the skimmer and operate as usual or am I going to create a problem by doing that? Currently I'm running the pump only on the main drain and have cut out the skimmer from the mix. Obviously this doesn't solve the real problem but I'm at the tail end of a nightmare pool/house scenario and I just want to get this thing open and rolling for a while before I have to institute a permanent solution.

"SbyD", I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about plugging a shared line. Not sure if you have resolved your issue by now, but this reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Does the pool drain when the pump is left off for a day or two? Many leaks originate around the skimmer box where it meets the shell of the pool. Maybe get some dye and test around in the skimmer while the pump is off to see if it is something that can be remedied with some epoxy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.