Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algicide

1. Back To Top    #1

Newark Ohio

Hi there!! I am just starting conversion from Baquacil to Chlorine. They sold me algicide but didn't say when to add it.... I can use all the help I can get! Scary. Thanks a million! Pammy

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Algicide

Welcome to TFP!!!

You do not need algaecide for a Baq conversion. You do need one of the Recommended Test Kits to do it properly though. Do you have one?

I highly suggest you stay out of the pool store and follow this: Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

And take a lot of pictures of the pretty colors
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Re: Algicide

Return it., you don't want to use algecide in a Baqua conversion.

You need liquid chlorine - lots of it!

This is the article you want to read and follow the directions. Ignore the pool store. They are the ones that sold you that stuff.

Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

Go ahead and order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon