Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Quick question, I watched a youtube video showing how to perform the calcium hardness test, which ask to fill the water to the 25 ML mark not the 10 ML mark as the directions on the TF-100 kit. Also it ask for 20 drops of R-0010 instead of 10 drops and 5 drops of R-0011L instead of 3 drops. Why? I understand that is a matter of ratios, but the ratio seems to be off, as if 10 ML requires 3 drops, 25 ML shall require more than 5 drops as 25 ML is more than double 10 ML so it shall be the drops required to perform the test correctly. I know I shall trust the TF-100 kit directions over a youtube video, but just wanted to confirm just in case.

Either way is fine. There is no need to have more precision that 25ppm in most cases, thus the TF-100 recommendation.

The ratios of the reagents does not really matter. You can actually use as much of the die reagent you want to have deeper colors.

I see. One more questions when looking at the tube. Do I look at the color change from the top and through the side? I notice the colors look difference based on the angle you looking at.

I see. One more questions when looking at the tube. Do I look at the color change from the top and through the side? I notice the colors look difference based on the angle you looking at.
I've only ever looked through the side while it's sitting on the patio table on the speedstir in front of me. It'll be sky blue. About this color

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.