Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone know what this is?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone know what this is?

When the pool guys left on Thursday (no activity on Friday) this item was left in the bottom of the pool. It's plugged into the electrical outlet and has a garden hose attached but it's not attached to a water source.

Liz

17,500 gal, IG Trilogy fiberglass sport pool 43'8"x16', Jandy Cart CS Ser filter, Jandy Pro Ser+ 1.5 HP pump, Nature 2 Fusion Soft SWG (mineral removed), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner. Maax Spa 481 (455 gal)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone know what this is?

it's a small electric pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sump Pump. To pump the water out of your pool?

4. Back To Top    #4

Can't be, they just filled it on Thursday its a new build...

Liz

17,500 gal, IG Trilogy fiberglass sport pool 43'8"x16', Jandy Cart CS Ser filter, Jandy Pro Ser+ 1.5 HP pump, Nature 2 Fusion Soft SWG (mineral removed), TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner. Maax Spa 481 (455 gal)

5. Back To Top    #5

Is the main pool pump up and running? If not, they may have temporarily placed this portable pump just get the water circulating.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

It's a Little Giant submersible cover pump. Why it's there is not obvious. Perhaps to remove some water or to create circulation if the pool pump is not working.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbethmcq View Post
    Can't be, they just filled it on Thursday its a new build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's definitely a sump pump.
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok that makes more sense, we are waiting for the electrician to hook everything up so no pumps working at this time. I don't see that it's doing anything, no water moving that I can see.

Liz

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok that makes more sense, we are waiting for the electrician to hook everything up so no pumps working at this time. I don't see that it's doing anything, no water moving that I can see.

Where is the other end of the hose?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

10. Back To Top    #10

It's in the pool, not connected to anything

Liz

11. Back To Top    #11

It's in the pool, not connected to anything

Did you pull it out and see if water is comoing out of it. As you say the electric is not hooked up yet they could be using that pump to help circulate water. It's a small pump, so low volume and it may not appear to be moving water.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

12. Back To Top    #12

Yep just picked up the hose and water was flowing - thanks everyone. It was driving me nuts not knowing what it was.

Liz