Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need to replace a Compool Valve CVA 24, But Everything is 24T Now

1. Back To Top    #1

I need to replace a Compool Valve CVA 24, But Everything is 24T Now

So I wonder what I need.

I only need 90 degree movement, but I prefer an adjustable type like my CVA 24. I set the solar roof heater to "leak" a little to help it drain quicker when it shut off so I didn't have to listen to "gurgle gurlge gurlge" for an hour. It has a vacuum breaker on the roof part of the system, but it's not working very well, if at all.

Attached are the positions I need - Note that the one with the handle is not at 90 degrees. In practice I'm only off a couple of degrees. That is the position I don't close 100% for drain down.

Thanks in advance...
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need to replace a Compool Valve CVA 24, But Everything is 24T Now

I am a little confused. No idea what 24T means.
    You can use any actuator to do this ... they have internal adjustable cams that let you set the stop points. the Intermatic versions are usually cheaper.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The old actuator is a compool CVT 24. The replacements I see around are CVT 24T.

I was wondering if there was some difference that might cause me trouble since I'll be ordering on line.

EDIT. I sent the company I'm planning to buy from the question. It's probably the same with cheaper electronics or something.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

4. Back To Top    #4

The "T" on the end of the part number means it has a toggle switch on the actuator to allow you to change the direction in which the actuator rotates. Not required, but could be useful. Pulling the cord out of the actuator and turning it 180 degrees does the same thing.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.