New Plaster and Green Water

Aug 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Hi All!

Our pool was just remodeled and replastered. Pool was filled 7 days ago (last Sunday). Since then I've brushed twice daily, added sequesterant and acid to keep the pH in check.

On day 4 I started bringing my CYA up and on day 5 started slowly adding bleach until I got to an FC of 4 on day 6. CC is at 1 so my TC is coming in at 5. pH is still being maintained around 7.4 with acid.

As they were filling the pool, it's always has a green-ish tint to the water. It was supposed to be a blue diamond brite plaster, but I figured maybe the green was caused by the excess dust. Sometimes with the sun out it would turn almost blue, but then it rained and turned green again. Then it's rained almost every day. I've tried to keep the leaves and **** out of the pool, but without being able to run my robot or wheeled vac, it's been tough. I got a brush vac and a cheap leaf vac with no wheels and got most of the debris out.

Now the pool's very green and I don't know how much is due to the dust, the CCs breaking down stuff or just plaster color variation. Am I just over reacting about the color? We've had a ton of rain and there was a ton of dust initially, but my first thought was, "oh no, they used the wrong plaster!" lol.

Also, I know I can't SLAM for 30 days, so should I not worry about the CC levels or is there something I can do?

Thanks!

Were you adding chlorine to the pool every day or is the SWG running? If not then you have algae growing in the pool. Definitely need to keep chlorine in a pool at all times or algae will grow. Keep it above the minimum for your CYA on the Chlorine CYA Chart

Were you adding chlorine to the pool every day or is the SWG running? If not then you have algae growing in the pool. Definitely need to keep chlorine in a pool at all times or algae will grow. Keep it above the minimum for your CYA on the Chlorine CYA Chart

I didn't start adding chlorine until day 5 and then very slowly. I was told too much chlorine too fast could cause problems? Definitely not running the SWG.

Dang trees! Not adding chlorine for 5 days probably means algae has a pretty good start. Keep the chlorine up with bleach or liquid chlorine until you are ready to slam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.