Test Results - Next Steps?

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I tested my water yesterday and these are my results. A few are out of range, so want to make sure I proceed correctly and would appreciate input. Pool looks great by the way and the whole family had a great swim session yesterday. In the last couple of weeks I've added Muriatic, CYA and conditioner to get those levels closer to the benchmarks. Thx.

FC 7.5
CC 0
Salt 3100
CH 375
CYA 65
TA 120
pH 7.5

Also another question I have is whether a spa spillover is enough motion to aerate the pool pH level back up after I add MA to lower the TA?

I see nothing too far out of range. CYA could come up a little, but if the SWG has no problem maintaining that FC, there's no reason to rush out and buy any. If you have some left in a bottle somewhere, go ahead and add another 10 ppm.

Just accept that you will never keep your CH in the recommended range. From experience, I'll tell you that it's not that hard to keep it from scaling even with CH up to 800 or so.

If you can switch your valves so you get 100% returning through the spa, you'll see the pH rise really fast after lowering it to reduce TA. When my spa is going full tilt, it looks like it's boiling. A couple hours of that can take the pH back up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.