Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Results - Next Steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Results - Next Steps?

I tested my water yesterday and these are my results. A few are out of range, so want to make sure I proceed correctly and would appreciate input. Pool looks great by the way and the whole family had a great swim session yesterday. In the last couple of weeks I've added Muriatic, CYA and conditioner to get those levels closer to the benchmarks. Thx.

FC 7.5
    CC 0
    Salt 3100
    CH 375
    CYA 65
    TA 120
    pH 7.5

Also another question I have is whether a spa spillover is enough motion to aerate the pool pH level back up after I add MA to lower the TA?
    22,000 gallon IG plaster pool, raised spa w/spillover, variable speed EcoStar pump, natural gas heater, 60 SF DE filter, SWG (all Hayward), AquaLogic automated controller, Kreepy Krawly, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Test Results - Next Steps?

Your numbers look great!

When you lower PH with MA the spill way should be enough to aerate PH back up since your TA is 120.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd start swimming
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

I see nothing too far out of range. CYA could come up a little, but if the SWG has no problem maintaining that FC, there's no reason to rush out and buy any. If you have some left in a bottle somewhere, go ahead and add another 10 ppm.

Just accept that you will never keep your CH in the recommended range. From experience, I'll tell you that it's not that hard to keep it from scaling even with CH up to 800 or so.

If you can switch your valves so you get 100% returning through the spa, you'll see the pH rise really fast after lowering it to reduce TA. When my spa is going full tilt, it looks like it's boiling. A couple hours of that can take the pH back up.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the replies everyone. Headed to the hardware store to get some MA and will continue to aerate using the spa to get my TA down a bit.
    22,000 gallon IG plaster pool, raised spa w/spillover, variable speed EcoStar pump, natural gas heater, 60 SF DE filter, SWG (all Hayward), AquaLogic automated controller, Kreepy Krawly, TF-100 Test Kit