Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a pool light

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a pool light

My son is after me to add a light in the pool. Anyone have any experience with the nitelighter NL-100?
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a pool light

We just got one of these. They are bright! We have ours positioned so that it lights towards the back of the pool so we are not looking at it. We have a 28 ft round pool that has a deep-end and it lights it nicely. We are pleased with it. Got it on amazon. Let me know if you have specific questions and I might be able to answer them.

- - - Updated - - -

ps. you would probably even be fine with a lower watt model. We went with the 100 because of the deep end.
    28 ft round ABG with ~6ft deep end, approx. 20,000 gal, 2 spd 2 HP pump, sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

We have that same light. We have a 30 foot round with a deep end and while one light works pretty well we have one Nite - Lighter with a clear bulb and one with colored lights that lets you change between blue, green, red, and several variations. If I was choosing I would choose the clear light. It seems to have the stronger light.
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info! I think I will pick one up and give it a try.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Just ordered up the NL-50. I think it will be bright enough for our 24' round. I am really just wanting a nice glow. In all honesty I am not sure there is any difference in the NL-100 and the NL-50 other than the bulb. Can anyone confirm that?

6. Back To Top    #6

I just picked up two magnetic led lights that really light my 24' round pool pretty well. They run on 3 AA batteries. They are 12 LEDs each.

7. Back To Top    #7

cubbybeave08 do u have a brand or where did u get them?
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff View Post
    cubbybeave08 do u have a brand or where did u get them?
    Got em at local pool store, but i can find out for ya...there is a catalog i found them in...post when i go upstairs.

9. Back To Top    #9

Poolsupplies.com

The magnetic lights are made by game. They also have a flo light that attaches to your outlet assembly, and uses the water flow into pool to turn impellers that run a turbine that powers the 8 LED lights...that is something you can try. Both are a non wired alternative.

10. Back To Top    #10

thanks
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by cubbybeave08 View Post
    Poolsupplies.com

The magnetic lights are made by game. They also have a flo light that attaches to your outlet assembly, and uses the water flow into pool to turn impellers that run a turbine that powers the 8 LED lights...that is something you can try. Both are a non wired alternative.
    In hours, how long do the batteries last?
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by LI poolguy View Post
    In hours, how long do the batteries last?

Dont know...i havent had it on long enough to find out...i imagine three double As with LED lights they last fairly long.

13. Back To Top    #13

I've got some much like what cubby descibed, not sure if they're the same ones or not. Came in a 2 pack from Walmart for $10, run on 3 AA batteries with a remote that doesn't work very well. Much easier to pull them out and turn them off manually. I currently only have one operating and it does a pretty good job of lighting my 16x48 Intex. As for battery life, I haven't used it enough to answer.
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install