Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wellhead appearance

1. Back To Top    #1

Wellhead appearance

How should a hydrostatic well look? Mine is just an open pipe sticking out of the ground. Should it be capped? If so, how?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Wellhead appearance

Mine is capped. Not sure why yours is not. I will take a pic for you of what mine looks like and post it.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Here is pic 1 ignore the old wires there, that are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another.

Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, you have the real deal. Mine is a 1.5" PVC pipe sticking out of the ground. Mine is not a bored well, but a pipe that just extends into the gravel under the pool. My immediate concern is that it is a tripping hazard or a cut-foot hazard. The PB suggested that the pipe should remain open to atmosphere as an "open" system.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Maybe you could build a box around it to keep people from tripping.
    Lisa

6. Back To Top    #6

That approach is probably the one I'll take, but I'm thinking a bit more decorative..... anyway.... I still wonder: cap tightly or leave to breathe?

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Since I am not familiar with your type of well, then I would say leave it uncapped as the guy suggested. Yes, definitely decorative. You want it to look nice.
    Lisa

8. Back To Top    #8

Just put a fake rock over it Shop Well Pump Covers at Lowes.com
    I consider myself very lucky I found this site before the pool store found me-pool owner since Nov 2008- Stunningly clear 17,000 gal fiberglass pool, thanks to this site, installed in 1982-24" 3.1sq. ft sta-rite sand filter, 1 hp - 2 speed wisperflo pump-WFDS-4