Sheer Desent issue

May 1, 2014
Ontario,Canada
I have 3 sheer descents ialong my pool. I believe 1 is 36" and the other 2 are 24". I have a separate intelliflo running these and it's using my skimmer which is 1.5" pipe. I am having a hard time regulating them to work the same. In general I just run my pump,around 1200 rpm and just use the 2 side sheers that are 24". When I'm in the mode and when I have guests over I'll crank it up to around 2600 rpm and all 3 will work considering my waterlevel is topped up enough. So when all 3 are on the 2 side it's are shooting strong while the middle one struggles to shoot water. I was reading up online and it seems that there was supposed to be valves right behind the sheers, problem is my lb guys didn't put them in and I can't get at them unless I open off the cement caps, any suggestions ?

How long ago was the pool completed? If it was recently you may be able to get the builder to correct that for you. If not, look at the equipment pad and see if it would be possible to add valves there.

I only have one valve to control my 3 sheer descents, and the valve is located on my equipment pad. My PB installed the descents in a loop to equal out the pressure to the 3 descents. I will say when my cartridge filter is a little dirty it will effect the water flow a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.