Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sheer Desent issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Sheer Desent issue

I have 3 sheer descents ialong my pool. I believe 1 is 36" and the other 2 are 24". I have a separate intelliflo running these and it's using my skimmer which is 1.5" pipe. I am having a hard time regulating them to work the same. In general I just run my pump,around 1200 rpm and just use the 2 side sheers that are 24". When I'm in the mode and when I have guests over I'll crank it up to around 2600 rpm and all 3 will work considering my waterlevel is topped up enough. So when all 3 are on the 2 side it's are shooting strong while the middle one struggles to shoot water. I was reading up online and it seems that there was supposed to be valves right behind the sheers, problem is my lb guys didn't put them in and I can't get at them unless I open off the cement caps, any suggestions ?
    18' x 30' Completely Automated Fox Pool
    2 Pentair Intelliflo VS pumps
    Pentair 250 HD Heater
    Pentair Cartridge Filter & IC 20 Chlorinator
    Intellitouch i10 Automation & Sheer Descent x 3

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sheer Desent issue

How long ago was the pool completed? If it was recently you may be able to get the builder to correct that for you. If not, look at the equipment pad and see if it would be possible to add valves there.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I only have one valve to control my 3 sheer descents, and the valve is located on my equipment pad. My PB installed the descents in a loop to equal out the pressure to the 3 descents. I will say when my cartridge filter is a little dirty it will effect the water flow a little.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool was installed last year.
    I only have one pipe going to the sheer descents and it's not in a loop, this is the issue. I have 1 Val e where the pump is but I can't adjust the flow of all 3 sheers.
    18' x 30' Completely Automated Fox Pool
    2 Pentair Intelliflo VS pumps
    Pentair 250 HD Heater
    Pentair Cartridge Filter & IC 20 Chlorinator
    Intellitouch i10 Automation & Sheer Descent x 3