I don't know what time sun comes out, but it's already out a little after 6 am.
I've been slamming for the past few days, testing water after 7 am.
Could this little bit of sun be affecting the results?
My cya is still registering, but according to my math it should be 30, 40 at most.
My overnight FC loss has been somewhat consistent for the last few days, it's 2.5ppm with CC 0-1, but mostly .05
Last night I accidentally overdosed, raised FC to 15 ppm instead of 12. (2 gall instead of 1,5). This morning my FC 11 with CC 0.5.
According to my notes, I had an overnight FC loss of 1 when FC was 10 at night.
Since my CYA is still registering, could the higher dosages of chlorine by used up quicker and overnight loss be greater than 1?
CYA - registering. (Was ~~0 when opened, 30 6 days before opening)
PH 7.5 (was ~7.2 or less when opened. ~7.7 6 days before opening. can't explain the drop)
TA 90 (jumps between 90-130)
CH ~~230 (was 180-200 when opened. can't explain the rise)
The only 2 chemicals I've been adding since opening is chlorine and stabilizer.
Below is already posted in another thread. But here's a brief summary:
My CYA was killed within the last 6 days before the pool opening - it was 30 and 6 days later ~~0. I ran the pump with cover on and I suspect maybe something contaminated the water, although the filter cartridges were cleaned last fall (don't know if I need to let them dry before I put the filter cover on, or bring them inside for the winter?)
There was no algae that I could see. What I had was light brownish like mucus on walls and maybe elsewhere. It was easily coming off with piece of cloth and now it's all gone, I think chlorine got rid of all of it. I still need to inspect the pool light, to see if anything is hiding there.
The only issue that I had for the last 3-4 days - the water is still not sparkle clean. I can see the bottom, but not as clearly as I should.
It's been like this for the last 3 or 4 days now and it seems like no improvements at all. I don't know if 10yr old cartridges can contribute to this water cloudiness or not. Can the registering stabilizer be the reason (don't know how old it was. does it have a shelf life?). Can there be something in the heater that's doing it? (heater hasn't been used for the last 5-6 seasons, but the water goes through it and I can't bypass it)
There's no dirt, or almost no dirt on the floor, maybe some dust but less than what I usually have. No dead algae that I can see. I just removed the light cover, nothing there either.
The water is just not sparkle clear as it should be.