Baqua out

Hi ChemGeek...

I will try to find the bottles that I had to tell you the brands...

- - - Updated - - -

the one thing to note, when I put the same floc in the skimmer, it didn't work...when I stopped the pump and threw the floc out over the top of the water, it worked like magic .....

attachment.php
attachment.php
here are the pictures of my crystal clear pool...thanks again to all for suggestions and guidance.... :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150714_114715_resized.jpg
    20150714_114715_resized.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20150714_133417_resized.jpg
    20150714_133417_resized.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150714_133421_resized.jpg
    20150714_133421_resized.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 108
the flocculant that worked (by putting it on top of the water with no pump/filter working) was Poolife....the BioGuard natural clarifier did nothing at all to clear the water up....
will be posting pictures later...thanks.

I can't find an MSDS for Poolife flocculant, but is this link the right stuff? If so, then it's aluminum sulfate so is an alum floc. Normally the floc that we recommend (when we rarely do so) is OMNI Liquid Floc Plus or Bioguard Power Floc, both of which are cationic blends. For clarifiers, GLB Super Blue and Bioguard Polysheen Blue work well. The Bioguard Natural Clarifier is chitosan and that would not be expected to work as well for some kinds of chemical suspensions (it works better for particles).

Hey Jim. It could totally be the picture or my screen but the water looks cloudy to me in the pic with the stairs. If you can flip a quarter in the pool and call heads/tails and make out the word "Quarter Dollar" on the obverse side or the State name on the reverse side then I'll be satisfied ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes,that is the stuff that I used....I wasn't sure what type to buy, couldn't find the reference on this site, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place....

- - - Updated - - -

I let the FC drop while I was letting the water settle, I am bringing it back to SLAM level tonight and will see how it looks in the morning...here are my readings as of now...
FC - 1
cya - 30
CC - .5
alkaline - 60
PH 7.2

hello....got the fc back up to slam level and the water is real clear, I threw in the coin and could tell if it was heads or tails (it was heads)....will post pictures in the morning. now working on balancing all the rest of the numbers... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.