Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recommendations for solar cover, ladder, and ladder pad. best buy for money?

1. Back To Top    #1

recommendations for solar cover, ladder, and ladder pad. best buy for money?

Hi, setting up our 22 ft diameter round above ground pool. Need recommendations for solar cover. Didn't use one last year, and there were several times the water was just too cold, especially when we had multiple days with rain or cloud.

Also, what is a good thing to use for pad underneath the ladder? Couldn't find anything last year that worked and would STAY down. Do they make any weighted ones?

On the subject of ladders.....recommendations for a better ladder than the rickety one that came with the pool. Again, best buy for function.

Thanks!!
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: recommendations for solar cover, ladder, and ladder pad. best buy for money?

Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: recommendations for solar cover, ladder, and ladder pad. best buy for money?

A few people have suggested using a suction cup bath mat cut to size. I just picked one up and will give it a try this season. I have a ladder attached to my deck, it is also from Confer.
    18,000g AquaLeader Harmony resin round 27' 54" AGP, Pentair EasyClean DE 60, Pentair Optiflo 1.5hp, Circupool Si30+ SWG, TF-100 kit, Dolphin S50 Robotic Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

That's a great idea!!!
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

5. Back To Top    #5

For solar covers the general thought seems to be save your money and get the thin one. They all seem to last about 3 seasons and the thinner ones are much easier to handle, with similar effectiveness. I think I bought mine from solarcovers.com and have been satisfied.
    Dedicated TFPer since 2012 with recommended test kit
    Above ground, 30 foot round pool, 21,000 gallons
    Hayward 150 sq foot cartridge filter, 1HP Waterway pump
    Raypak 400K BTU NG Heater!
    Installed in 2006? (just a guess, pool came with house I purchased in June 2012)

6. Back To Top    #6

I just bought a space age solar cover...with silver underside...from this place....
    24' round solar pool cover

I hot a 24' round...it only cost 89 bucks. The price is great if you have Two weeks to waith for it to be made by the manufacturer. Because they dont have any notation about this on website beware. It takes a full 14 days. So if you got the time to wait it is worth the 40 dollar savings.