Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG w/ Sand Filter setting for vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Island Park

Intex SWG w/ Sand Filter setting for vacuum?

Hello all,
    What setting do I put the sand filter on when vacuuming? Filter or waste (or other)? I started vaccuming today with the plunger valves closed, not good, and air got into the system. It started beeping. I kept vaccuming with not much success. I let the air out of the system by unscrewing the top of the leaf basket. All is well. But the vaccuming didn't go great. Then I saw the waste position on the filter I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any help▀

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Intex SWG w/ Sand Filter setting for vacuum?

It is ok to vacuum to waste. Keep in mind that you will lose water and have to add more.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lubbock, texas

Re: Intex SWG w/ Sand Filter setting for vacuum?

If the water condition is not terrible we always vacuum on the Filter setting. In west texas we have a lot of sand storms, if the bottom is really dirty we will vacuum with the waste setting. 99% of the time we use the filter setting when vacuuming.
    14,364gal AGP
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52"
    Krystal ClearÖ Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System - 2,650 GPH**Nite-Brite Halogen Pool Light
    TF-100 Test Kit (This kit Rocks)