Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer lid housing that doesn't have a visible ring around the outside?

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer lid housing that doesn't have a visible ring around the outside?

I want to get one of those nice looking decorative covers for my new skimmer thats being installed, but noticed that there will still be a visible white ring that shows. I can get the part in gray (see pic below), but would rather see if I could find something that does not have a visible ring. Any Ideas? The skimmer is a water way and is already partially set in concrete so it would have to be capable with that. I figure since there are so many brands that use the same side lid, there has to be some solution?

here is what I would like it to look like (no ring around the outside)

Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Skimmer lid housing that doesn't have a visible ring around the outside?

The skimmer rings also come in clear too if that helps?
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I am just going to get gray, and go with a gray cover.
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

-Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah I have seen those. I was going to get the rock coping placed around the new skimmer cutout, but now that the plumbing is all being replaced I have to get an overlay anyways. Maybe I should just have concrete around the skimmer and get the pour a lid. then have it covered with the overlay hmmm

6. Back To Top    #6

Going with the pour-a-lid