TF-100..."Chlorine Only" Tube

wkusae31

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Lexington, KY
During the Chlorine Test, it says to use the "Chlorine Only" tube. Any particular reason that this is labelled so specific? I bought the magnetic stirrer kit and have been using the "Chlorine Only" tube with the magnetic stirrer. Is this OK?

It's fine to use the magnetic stirrer in it. The "chlorine only" cylinder is there for a very benign reason. Over time, the FAS/DPD test will start to leave a dark residual on the sides of the cylinder. By using only one, you keep the other one clean for all the other tests.

It takes quite a while for the cylinder to darken. It doesn't affect the validity of the test but if it bugs you, it is readily cleaned with a 1:1 dilution of muriatic acid.

This is good to know that the tube can be cleaned. I didnt know! I figured I would have to buy a new tube! Thanks for the info Dave!

It's fine to use the magnetic stirrer in it. The "chlorine only" cylinder is there for a very benign reason. Over time, the FAS/DPD test will start to leave a dark residual on the sides of the cylinder. By using only one, you keep the other one clean for all the other tests.

It takes quite a while for the cylinder to darken. It doesn't affect the validity of the test but if it bugs you, it is readily cleaned with a 1:1 dilution of muriatic acid.

Interesting. I've been using the tube that came with my Taylor k-1515 FAS DPD kit for about 10 years and the tube is still clear as new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.